Planting Fields Foundation has created and maintains Planting Fields Foundation web sites in order to provide artistic and scholarly information and resources to the public via the Internet. By using the sites and their content you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms, which Planting Fields Foundation may change at any time.
1) The text, images, and data on Planting Fields Foundation web site are protected by copyright and may be covered by other restrictions as well. Planting Fields Foundation retains all rights, including copyright, in data, images, software, documentation, text, and other information contained in these files (collectively, the “Materials”). Individuals or entities other than or in addition to Planting Fields Foundation may hold copyright and other proprietary rights.
2) The Materials are made available for limited non-commercial, educational, and personal use only, or for fair use as defined in the United States copyright laws. Planting Fields Foundation authorizes you to view, download and print the Site Content subject to the following conditions:
- You must adhere to any and all additional terms or restrictions provided within individual sections of the Web site relating to particular Site Content;
- Unless otherwise restricted, you may only do so for your own personal and noncommercial use, or for fair use as defined in the United States copyright laws;
- Downloading Site Content for commercial use is prohibited;
- You may not remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices that have been placed in or near the Site Content by Planting Fields Foundation;
- You may not modify the Site Content;
- Any displays or printouts of the Site Content must be marked, “[insert year of display or printout] Planting Fields Foundation. All rights reserved.”
- All citations should include the URL www.plantingfields.org .
All parties downloading, printing or using the Site Content in any manner, represent and warrant that their use will be consistent with this license and that they will not infringe or violate the rights of any other party or breach any contract with or legal duty to any other parties.
Planting Fields Foundation does not warrant that use of the Materials displayed on the Site will not infringe the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Planting Fields Foundation. For example, some works may be under copyright by the artist or the artist’s heirs holding rights to these works. Such works may not be used in any form; they may not be copied or downloaded without prior permission from the holder of the underlying copyright.
3) Many of the trademarks, service marks, and logos (collectively, the “Trademarks”) displayed on this Site are registered and/or unregistered marks of Planting Fields Foundation. The Trademarks of third parties may also be displayed on this Site. Nothing contained in this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademarks displayed on the Site without the express written permission of Planting Fields Foundation or any third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the Trademarks or any other Materials, except as authorized in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited.
4) Without limiting the foregoing, all Materials on the Site are provided “AS IS” WITHOUT A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Planting Fields Foundation assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your use of the Site or your downloading of any Materials from the Site.
5) Planting Fields Foundation has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
6) Except as expressly permitted above, reproduction or redistribution of the Site Content or any portion of the Site Content is strictly prohibited without the prior written permission of Planting Fields Foundation. To request permission to use or reproduce images from Planting Fields Foundation collections or images of Planting Fields Foundation architecture and gardens, please contact
Planting Fields Foundation
P.O. Box 660
Oyster Bay, NY 11771
Professional journalists interested in obtaining any portion of the Site Content for publication, please contact Planting Fields Foundation at:
Planting Fields Foundation does not distribute or permit reproduction of Web site text, video, or non-collection images except as expressly permitted above.
7) Planting Fields Foundation web sites (excluding links to web sites operated by others) are controlled and operated by Planting Fields Foundation from its offices in Oyster Bay, New York. Although Planting Fields Foundation has made no effort to publish Planting Fields Foundation sites elsewhere, they are accessible in all fifty U.S. states and in other countries due to their presence on the Worldwide Web. As each of these states and countries have laws which may differ from those of New York and from each other, and as you and Planting Fields Foundation both benefit from establishing a predictable legal environment in which to publish, access and use Planting Fields Foundation Web sites, by publishing, accessing, and/or using the sites you agree that all matters arising from or relating to the use and operation of the sites will be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. If you choose to access Planting Fields Foundation web sites from locations other than Oyster Bay, New York, you will be responsible for compliance with all local laws of such other locations.
8) You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Planting Fields Foundation harmless from all claims, causes, allegations, costs, expenses, fees (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), judgments, liabilities, losses and damages arising from or relating to your use of or operation of Planting Fields Foundation web sites.