Planting Fields is a wonderland for winter activities!
To help you plan your next visit, we’ve created a guide of our top five seasonal to-dos and events.
1. Step into the tropics of the Main Greenhouse
Finding yourself needing a break from the cold? Journey through our warm, luscious and evergreen planthouse. The Main Greenhouse is open Wednesday – Monday, 10am – 4pm.
2. Take a brisk stroll through our Woodland Trails
Explore five miles of trails through 200 acres. Several routes, dynamic terrains, and a variety of wildlife make this an ideal winter activity for all ages!
3. See the fantastical work of famed American artist Robert Winthrop Chanler
Enter the Breakfast Room and find yourself immersed in the American West! Chanler’s murals cannot be missed on your next tour of Coe Hall. Tours are available Wednesday – Sunday from 10am – 4pm.
4. Discover the secrets of the North Border Gardens
Appreciate the natural architecture of our deciduous trees, the vibrant Holly Collection, and our always-in-season Dwarf Conifer Garden!
5. Be stunned by our one-of-a-kind Camellia Collection
See our extensive historic collection of blooming Camellias every February! Details on our annual Camellia Festival to be released soon. The Camellia Greenhouse is open Wednesday – Monday, 10am – 4pm.
For a downloadable, clickable and printable version, click here.